Business Process Reengineering involves the radical redesign of core business processes – an organization rethinks and redesigns how things are done. The purpose of business process re-engineering is to make dramatic improvements in productivity and performance, cost reduction, quality and customer satisfaction.
ZTL employees a holistic approach that combines people, processes, and technology to achieve breakthroughs in business performance. Essentially, businesses start with a blank sheet of paper and rethink the entire workflow process in order to bring more value to the end customer. Business process reengineering focuses on various procedures throughout the company or organization, including:
Business Process Redesign
Business Process and Data Modelling
Business & Technology Evaluation
Business Process Improvement
Business Case Analysis
Business Process Reengineering is beneficial for many reasons:
Appropriate focus is given to key areas: Business process reengineering revolves around customer needs, allowing a business or organization to focus on what they do best.
Reduces costs and cycle time: Business Process Reengineering helps to reduce organizational complexity by eliminating unnecessary activities.
Focus on the process, rather than the steps: Instead of concentrating on certain territories or handoffs, the reengineering process focuses on the overall picture, making it easier to streamline activities. The organization takes a long-term view and asks radical questions about how things are done, eliminating unproductive activities.
Improves quality: Business Process Reengineering reduces work handoffs and establishes clear ownership to the areas of importance. Workers gain responsibility and measure their performance directly.
- Re-engineering project initiation
- Identify and select processes for re-engineering
- Draw process chart using mapping tools / software
- Identify value-added and non-value-added activities within a process using the re-engineering technique
- Process outcomes evaluation using the re-engineering techniques
- Process re-engineering
- Develop re-engineering project plan
- New process simulation
- Organization and jobs structuring to support the new process
- Change management
- Post re-engineering review
- Continuous improvement programs.